This is where I am supposed to say I am #sorrynotsorry to see 2019 come to an end. Don’t get me wrong, I am. Quite a few shitty things happened that impacted many people. Notwithstanding some of the fun stuff. Traveling to Cancun in January with my ride or die Tori by invitation of Michelle and Robert. Epic trip! (Thank you both again so much for inviting us!) Followed by a pit stop in Orlando to attend the Metavivor Metsquerade in February.
That’s where my 2019 peaked. It all went to shit after that. Don’t worry, I’m not going to rehash all the negativity and make this a pity party. No one wants to read that, and quite frankly, I don’t feel like writing about it. That’s what therapy is for. (Thank you, very much Whitney)
I have to say, though, I am not super impressed with 2020 so far. I am hopeful though, after all, it’s still January. Barely. That said, I am going to try something a bit unusual for me and see where it takes me. It’s been said that what you put out into the universe, you will get back from the universe. I know it sounds hokey. I almost feel foolish writing it as it sounds like those platitudes I cannot stand. Please don’t ask me who said it, I have no idea. But I know I heard it or read it somewhere, so I’m putting it to the test.
Here we go, my hopes for 2020 are as follows:
1. Everyone has stable scans (yes, everyone)
2. My friends who are struggling catch a big break
3. I get back to writing regularly
4. Spring arrives soon & Summer sticks around
5. NYS passes the Medical Aid in Dying Act
6. I actually get to see the big 5-0 without any crazy medical issues
7. I give myself more self-care and grace
8. More options & better treatments become available to extend our lives
9. There will be more good news than bad
10. The country gets its shit together
Ok. #1 and #10 are BIG asks, but it can’t hurt. Fingers crossed! That’s my list.
Now it’s your turn. What are your hopes for 2020?